CORONAVIRUS UPDATE Updated 16th June 2020
Eyebrook Is Open To Fishing
To ensure we comply with social distancing & government guidelines I have produced new operating guidelines for everyone to follow which are highlighted below.
I would ask during these difficult times & to ensure we keep within the COVID-19 guidelines which could change at any time, you comply with any daily instructions issued by fishery staff & our landlord’s representatives Tata Steel.
Staff working the pontoon will be wearing Face Shield or a face mask & disposable gloves with all touching points on the pontoon regularly disinfected.
All boats & lifejackets will be disinfected after every session.
Staff in the lodge will be wearing Face Shield and have access to hand sanitiser.
All customers will have access to hand sanitiser at the lodge & the pontoon
All touching points at the lodge, doors, handles, desk, phone, till, PDQ machine etc will be disinfected at least once every hour & more often if required.
New Operating Procedure While Visiting Eyebrook Trout Fishery
- Pre-Booking: Phones calls only accepted for bookings 01536 770264. All Bank & Boat anglers, including season permit holders will be required to call the lodge & pre book their visit.
- Pre-payment will be required at your time of booking. No angler access to the fishing lodge
- Pre-payment will be made once your booking for the Boat or Bank is confirmed with the fishery staff. Payment via credit / debit card.
- Confirmation of your Boat Booking along with your receipt, allocated boat number & confirmation of the booked bank anglers will be posted on the outside of lodge window for you to pick up
- LOYALTY CARDS: You will need to keep hold of any receipts issued by the Eyebrook lodge from May 15th 2020 to claim your boat & permit loyalty stamp at a later date to be announced, when normality returns to the fisheries & we once again start issuing permits across the lodge desk
- To comply with COVID-19 guidelines you will travel to the fishery by yourself unless you are travelling with a family member & you live at the same address.
- You will be required to meet social distancing rules.
- Eyebrook Lodge & Tackle Shop will be open from 15th June Shop Guidelines
- To prevent queuing at the lodge we will continue to ask anglers to pre book & prepay for their bank & boat visits via debit /credit cards with permits & your receipt posted outside the lodge next to where you book in. Hand sanitiser provided.
- Maximum 2 customers in the shop
- Shop customers will be required to observe government social distancing guidelines
- Everyone entering the shop will use the hand sanitiser provided
- Shop access restricted if possible, to tackle purchases
- Credit or Debit card payment for purchases preferred
- Staff working the lodges / shop will be wearing face shield or masks when dealing with customers.
- Gutting Room will remain closed
The Booking in & out sheet will be placed outside the lodge door, hand sanitiser will be provided
Boats: New operating procedure to ensure we comply with COVID-19 guidelines
Two anglers may fish from the same boat (Updated 16th June 2020) we recommend you follow the Angling trust guidelines, wear a face mask when the boat is under power, allocate one person to handle the anchor or drogue, do not share tackle & bring sanitizer to clean your hands as require
Boat Anglers Guidelines
All Anglers Wait Here
Fishery Staff will call you forward onto the pontoon.
Boat Numbers will be allocated once your called forward.
Prevent Queuing & Delays
Minimize your journey to & from the boat.
Do Not Tackle up in the boat next to the pontoon, staff will instruct you to leave the pontoon as soon as possible.
Two Anglers fishing together MUST BE READY when called to come onto the pontoon together.
The angler in charge of the engine will enter the boat first while his partner passes him/her the tackle.
Minimize Queues & Delays
If you require to leave the pontoon to pick up other tackle items it should ONLY BE ONE OF YOU, the other angler in charge of the engine remains in the boat.
Returning to the pontoon
Fishery staff will be controlling the number of anglers on the pontoon at any one time.
BE PREPARED TO WAIT for their instructions for you to come forward & secure the boat to the pontoon.
On returning have your tackle ready to vacate the boat & pontoon as
quickly as possible.
Boats & Life Jackets will be
Disinfected after every session.
At all times comply with the instructions given by the fishery staff, this is to ensure we meet our current operating guidelines & social distancing rules.
- Bank Anglers are to ensure they observe social distancing and while fishing keep a minimum of 15 meters apart. Maximum of 30 Bank anglers
- Lifejackets worn by bank anglers will be disinfected after every session
- Float Tubing will be allowed but limit to 5 float tubers per day. They will be required to keep a minimum of 15meters apart while they prepare to launch. You must pre book your visit
- The Kitchen area, conference room & indoor seating area within the lodge will remain closed.
- Toilets will only be accessed from the front of the building, follow the signs, to ensure we control this area, we will only have the disabled toilet open.