Eyebrook on June 16th we are allowing anglers to fly fish for the pike.
You will need to follow our predator fly fishing rules
- Predator fly fishing permitted from 16th June,
- Predator anglers must have the correct unhooking equipment-a large landing net (minimum 42 inch or larger) and large unhooking mat (minimum 42 inches or larger preferably with a 2 inch thick bottom and sides)All predators caught must be carefully unhooked (long nosed forceps and hook cutters a must have) whether in the enclosure of a landing net in the water or on an unhooking mat.
- Never weigh or lift a fish by the gills, always use a net or weigh sling.
- When moving the fish to and from the water use a landing net or zipped unhooking mat at all times; never carry the fish unsupported even for short distances.
- When photographing fish, support the fish over a large unhooking mat, kneel and never stand up with the fish.
- When returning fish after capture, please support the fish in the water giving it plenty of time to recover before releasing
- Minimum of 20lb leader with a wire trace must be used at all times.
- Minimum 9wt rod and a reel capable of holding 100yds of backing.
Guided fly fishing for the pike also available call the Eyebrook lodge for details